Thursday, February 12, 2009

The Hero and the King.


Drawing is probably one of Jake's most favorite things to do. I love it because I feel like he and I kind of have this bond together through it. Coloring was probably my most favorite thing to do when I was younger too and it makes me so happy to see him enjoying it just as much. And though I think his skills are pretty stellar for a 5 year old...it's his imagination that really gets me. This is not just your ordinary picture of a boat and some 'guys'. No. This is a story of a hero and and a bad king. The hero is there on the right (see is sword?) and the bad king is there on the left (see the sad face?) And see that guy floating in the middle? That's an angel. I'm not doing this story any justice, really. Jake took at least 20 minutes to tell me all what was happening here in his picture. He explains things with such great detail. I know I'm partial...but I think he's a pretty cool kid.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

he is a cool kid! Great picture Jake!

nicole said...

wow that is a great picture...and great job by mom capturing both these shots and jotting down the story - love it!