Monday, February 9, 2009

Minor Casualty.

This is how Jake brought her to me. I was downstairs, heard her cry just a little and about 3 minutes later Jake brought her down to me, with his head hung low...let me know that he accidentally hurt her but that he "fixed it". He put neosporin on it and everything. At first I laughed because it was just so cute that he tried to be brave and fix her up. But then I took the band aid off to inspect. You can see a little speck of blood here in the picture. There is actually a pretty deep gash under there, and another on her top lip.
Below is the culprit. This dragon and umm....JAKE. He threw this thing at her for...I have NO idea why. I'm not sure if you can tell from the photo, but this thing has some major weight to it. I bet it weighs a pound. Anyway all is good now. I think she might end up with a black eye though.


5 comments:

nicole said...

oh no corey!!
that is so sad - poor girl
although it is totally sweet that he tried to fix her up.
i guess that is what having a brother entails huh :)

Jami said...

I don't know if I would have laughed, or cried, or laughed until I cried, or what. I mean, the fact that he fixed her all up, and you know he felt horrible the minute it happened. But...as the younger sister of an older brother, I hope she remembers this enough to hold it over his head FOREVER !!! :-)

camport said...

uh-oh! Normally I hear, "Are you okay?? It was an accident! I'm sorry. I'm sorry! Don't TEEEEEEEELL!"

So sweet that he tried to fix her up and I think it says something amazing about his personality{and your parenting} that he realized what he did and showed empathy.

:)

Melissa said...

Oh no!! Poor girl...but, it's good to see that Megan has a big brother who loves and cares for her :)

Anonymous said...

My poor little baby girl. I'm tellin' ya, big brothers either love you or hate you and Jake loves his sister! My big brother would still be laughing!